Looking for the perfect daughter quotes and sayings?
So was I, and then I decided I should compile them all here, on my blog, for all of you. These are the best daughter quotes that you’ll find (and some original ones that you won’t find ANYWHERE else- psst, they’re written by me!)
I have two daughters so I know, there is NOTHING in the world like the love between a mother and daughter. NOTHING.
These quotes are sweet and funny and perfect. Some of them are quotes for a daughter are from dad, quotes from mom, and all are precious. They are perfect for when you’re wondering what you can say to your daughter and you need just the right words.
And if your daughter is currently a sweet, little baby, make sure to check out my post dedicated to baby daughter quotes.
- Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away. – Heather Gudenkauf
2. Little girls are the nicest things that happen to people. They are born with a little bit of angel shine about them, and though it wears thin sometimes there is always enough left to lasso your heart. – Alan Beck
3. A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer. – Unknown
4. You will teach them to fly, but they will not fly your flight. You will teach them to dream, but they will not dream your dream. You will teach them to live, but they will not live your life. Nevertheless, in every flight, in every life, in every dream, the print of the way you taught them will remain. – Mother Teresa
5. No matter how old you get, you’ll always be my baby girl. – Unknown
6. In my daughter’s eyes I am a hero. I am strong and wise and I know no fear. But the truth is plain to see, she was sent to rescue me. I see who I want to be in my daughter’s eyes. – Martina McBride
7. You are my angel: you remind me of the goodness in this world and inspire me to be the greatest version of myself. – Steve Maraboli
8. My daughter is my greatest inspiration. – Whitney Houston.
9. Behind you all your memories, before you all your dreams, around you all who love you, within you all you need. – Unknown
10. Go in peace, my daughter, and remember that in a world of ordinary mortals, you are a wonder woman. – Unknown
11. My daughter is not the child that I expected. She is so much more. – Brenda Kosciuk
12. What’s important for my daughter to know is that… if you are fortunate to have opportunity, it is your duty to make sure other people have those opportunities as well. – Kamala Harris
13. The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life… the stronger the daughter. – Anita Diamant
14. One of the greatest things about daughters is how they adored you when they were little; how they rushed into your arms with electric delight and demanded that you watch everything they do and listen to everything they say.
Those memories will help you through less joyous times when their adoration is replaced by embarrassment or annoyance and they don’t want you to see what they are doing or hear what they are saying.
And yet, you will adore your daughter every day of her life, hoping to be valued again, but realizing how fortunate you were even if you only get what you already got. – Michael Josephson
15. We must teach our girls that if they speak their mind, they can create the world they want to see. – Robyn Silverman.
16. Teach your daughters to worry less about fitting into glass slippers and more about shattering glass ceilings. – Unknown
17. From a daughter we are given happy and beautiful memories of days before, the melodies of the heart in those moments of the present, and the hopeful expectations of what will be in the future. – Byron Pulsifer
18. Raising a daughter is like growing a flower. You give it your best. If you’ve done your job well, she blooms. – Unknown
19. I want my daughters to grow up to be beautiful on the inside, rich in compassion and perfectly imperfect. – Brenda Kosciuk
20. I know a girl, she puts the color inside my world. – Unknown
21. She’s magic, that one. – Unknown
22. As is the mother, so is her daughter. – Ezekiel 16:44
23. A daughter is the happy memories of the past, the joyful moments of the present, and the hope and promise of the future. – Unknown
24. I love you for the little girl you once were, the amazing woman you are today, and for the precious daughter you will always be. – Unknown
25. A daughter will follow in her mother’s footsteps. Make sure to set a good example. – Elizabeth George
26. Sometimes when I need a miracle, I look into my daughter’s eyes and realize I have already created one. – Unknown
27. I never want her to think that the world revolves around her, but I want her to know that my whole world does. – Unknown
28. I don’t want my daughter to follow in my footsteps. I want her to walk the path beside me and go even further than I could have ever dreamed. – Unknown
29. All of life’s problems have just one simple solution: a hug from my daughter. – Unknown
30. She stands firmly on her own two feet and I just behind her; should she ever need me. – @j.ironword
31. Sometimes all it takes is a little hand reaching for yours to remind you that these are, without a doubt, the best years of your life. – Unknown
32. Life is tough, my darling, but so are you. – Stephanie Bennett Henry
33. A daughter is a rainbow, a curve of light through scattered mist that lifts the spirit with her prismatic presence. Is a shadow, a reminder of something brilliant ducking out of sight, too easily drawn away. – Ellen Hopkins
34. Here lies a girl with a head full of magical dreams, a heart full of wonder and hands that will shape the world. – Unknown
I Love My Daughter Quotes
35. A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart. – Unknown
36. A daughter is God’s way of saying, ‘thought you could use a lifelong friend. – Unknown
37. Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter. – Unknown
38. To my daughter: I held you first, I loved you first, and my heart will always be tied to yours. – Unknown
39. A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart. – Unknown
40. A daughter is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside and are always contagious, everything wonderful and precious and your love for her knows no bounds. – Barbara Cage
41. I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life. – Ian McEwan
43. They both began to giggle and then…fell into a side-splitting round of laughter, the cleansing, complete sort of laughter only a mother and daughter can share. – Karen Kingsbury
44. She is my heart, my soul, my “best thing that every happened to me”. The source of many laughs and a few tears. She is my daughter and she is my world. – Unknown
45. A daughter is a gift of love. – Unknown
46. Angels are often disguised as daughters. – Unknown
47. Having a daughter brought life to a part of my heart that I never knew existed. – Brenda Kosciuk
48. Daughters are angels sent from above to fill our hearts with unending love. – Unknown
49. If I could give my daughter three things it would be the confidence to always know her self worth, the strength to chase her dreams and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is. – Unknown
50. Dear daughter, if I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes. Only then would you realize how special you are to me. – Unknown
51. Our daughters are the most precious of our treasures, the dearest possessions of our homes and the objects of our most watchful love. – Margaret Elizabeth Sangster
52. Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter. – Unknown
53. A teenage daughter needs your guidance and love now more than ever. Don’t give up on her. – Brenda Kosciuk
54. Her smile makes me smile, her laugh is infectious, her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter. – Unknown
Quotes From Mother To Daughter
55. Words are not enough to express the unconditional love that exists between a mother and a daughter. – Caitlin Houston
56. If we don’t always see eye to eye, daughter, that means I’ve done my job and raised you to have your own mind. – Brenda Kosciuk
57. My daughter is my biggest achievement. She is a little star and my life has changed so much for the better since she came along. – Denise Van Outen
58. As for my girls, I’ll raise them to think they breathe fire. – Jessica Kirkland
59. A mother’s treasure is her daughter. – Catherine Pulsifer
60. To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. – Unknown
61. Daughter, I believe in you, I cherish you and I will love you every second of my life. – Brenda Kosciuk
62. I want my daughter to be kind but not too kind, sweet but not too sweet and happy. She can never be too happy. – Brenda Kosciuk
63. To my beautiful daughter, when I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that ever happened to me. – Unknown
64. My little girl yesterday, my friend today, my daughter forever. – Unknown
65. The only thing better than having you as my daughter is having you as my friend. – Unknown
Quotes From Dad
70. Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts. – Paul Walker
71. When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away. -Hugh Jackman
72. To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. – Euripides
73. He who has daughters is always a shepherd. – Proverb
74. Certain it is that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives, there is desire. To our sons, ambition. But to our daughters, there is something which there are no words to express. – Joseph Addison
75. The love between father and daughter knows no distance. – Unknown
Quotes About Daughter’s Beauty
76. Daughters are like flowers. They fill the world with beauty. – Unknown
77. A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give. – Laurel Atherton
78. A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous…full of beauty and forever beautiful…loving and caring and truly amazing. – Deanna Beisser
79. As soon as I looked into your beautiful eyes, I knew that we had a bond that could never be broken. – Brenda Kosciuk
80. Daughter, you are braver than you believe, smarter than you think, and twice as beautiful as you ever imagined. – Unknown
81. Beautiful girl, you can do hard things. – Unknown
82. She was beautiful, but not like those girls in the magazines. She was beautiful for the way she thought. She was beautiful for the sparkle in her eyes when she talked about something she loved. She was beautiful for her ability to make other people smile, even if she was sad. No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
83. Every little girl is the gift from God to her mother and father. In her parents’ mind, she is the most perfect creation of Nature, with a beautiful smile and angelic face. – Unknown
84. To my daughter I will say, see your beauty without a compliment or a mirror. – Unknown
85. Let’s not teach our daughters about being pretty. Teach them to be bold. Silly. Strong. Confident. Independent. Intelligent. Brace. Fierce. Teach her to be a beautiful person, not simply a pretty girl. @fashionbeautybug
86. It’s a special bond that spans the years,
through laughter, worry, smiles and tears.
A sense of trust that can’t be broken,
a depth of love sometimes unspoken.
A life long friendship built on sharing,
hugs and kisses, warmth and caring.
Mother and daughter their hearts as one,
a link that can never be undone. -Unknown
87. My daughter, You’ve blessed my life greatly. I’m so glad we’re friends. . .
The time we have together is the best that I spend. – Unknown
88. She’s the air that I breathe, she’s the beat in my heart.
She’s the tear in my eyes when we’re apart.
She’s the pride I feel with all she achieves,
I’m the one who gives hope in what she believes.
She’s a part of my body but now she’s all grown,
as she waves me goodbye to find a life of her own.
My beautiful girl, you’ve grown up so fine.
You make me so proud to know that you’re mine. – Toni Kane
89. To my daughter, I love you so.
You are so special, I hope you know.
With every day that passes by,
you’re more the twinkle in my eye.
So loving, so giving, a heart of gold,
always my baby, even when I’m old.
Your love shines through, for all to see,
I feel so proud, you’re a part of me. – Unknown
90. A daughter is a wonderful blessing, a treasure from above.
She’s laughter, warmth and special charm, she’s thoughtfulness and love.
A daughter brings a special joy that comes from deep inside.
And as she grows to adulthood, she fills your heart with pride.
With every year that passes, she’s more special than before.
Through every stage, through every age,
you love her even more.
No words can describe the warm memories, the pride and gratitude, too.
That come from having a daughter to love and cherish… just like you.
91. I’ve seen your secret struggles and I’ve heard your silent tears.
I’ve bathed in your laughter and stood against your fears.
I’ve cherished every moment, every minute of every year,
you are my love, my life, God’s gift- precious daughter, I hold you dear. – Unknown
92. In my eyes, there is no one that can equal your beauty,
no word that can describe how much you mean to me.
Nothing that could lessen my love for you, as you have it now and for all eternity.
No matter how old you might be,
you will always be my little girl to me. – Unknown
Funny Daughter Quotes
93. I want my daughter to grow up to be a strong woman. I just need to be able to live with her in the meantime. – Unknown
94. Parenting is hard. Especially trying to be patient with little versions of impatient you. @relaxingmommy
95. As a mom, I constantly worry about the safety of my children. Like especially the one who has been rolling her eyes and talking back to me. @relaxingmommy
96. Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth. – Victoria Secunda
97. Having a daughter is like having a little broke best friend who thinks you’re rich. – Unknown
98. I want my daughter to be kind but I also want her to know that she can throat punch someone if she needs to. – Unknown
99. May your coffee be stronger than your daughter’s attitude. – Unknown
100. Motherhood: Where your heart may explode at any moment. From love… or rage. It’s a toss-up. Mom Transparenting
101. My daughter is turning out just like me. Well played, karma, well played. – Unknown
102. Having a mini-me is all fun and games until she starts acting just like you. – Unknown
103. I secretly enjoy when my daughter is defiant because I love to see her fighting spirit. Then I put her in her place because there’s only room for one sheriff in this town. – Unknown
104. Praying my child’s sass helps her lead a company one day and not a gang in prison. – Unknown
What is your favorite daughter quote? I would love for you to tell me in the comments!
More posts for mother and daughter: