Looking for clever pregnancy announcement riddles for the big announcement?
I’m glad to help because honestly, announcing your pregnancy is a BIG, HUGE-MONGOUS (as my 3 year old says) deal! You want to come up with creative ways to say “I’m pregnant!”.
You don’t want to be like, “oh hey, yeah, we’re pregnant”. No big deal.
This is life-changing stuff.
Coming up with the perfect way to announce your pregnancy is important. It’s also important to find the perfect pregnancy announcement for YOU. One that IS you.
In this post, you’ll find pregnancy announcement riddles for any scenario.
If you like to keep your friends and family guessing, using one of these clever riddles is probably perfect for you. It’s a cute way to let family members and friends in on the exciting news.
Make sure to do it soon before your baby bump begins to show!
This post contains affiliate links.
Clever Pregnancy Announcement Riddles
You’ll love these creative, clever ways to say you’re pregnant. These would go perfect with a more simple announcement.
- What is tiny, causing me lots of grief, and will make its appearance in (birth month)?
- I’m patiently waiting on the day my back hurts, my feet are swollen, and i walk like a duck.
- I’m giving up things like lunch meat, caffeine, sushi and alcohol for 9 months.
- I’m small but very important. I’m free to make but expensive to maintain. I’m noticeable but you cannot see me. What am I?
- What do a chef who’s baking a dinner roll and I have in common?
- What gets a shower but doesn’t get wet?
- I can bring a smile to your face, A tear to your eye, Or even a thought to your mind. But, I can’t be seen. What am I?
- What has ten fingers and ten little toes, two sleepy eyes and a cute button nose? What has two feet, and a belly to tickle, and cause a craving for ice cream and pickles? With just one more hint, We’re sure you’ll see, The answer to this riddle begins with a B.
- My to-do list for the next six months:
- Buy bigger clothes.
- Decorate a room.
- Find a crib and toys.
- Get rounder.
- Get a bigger car.
- Brainstorm names.
- Have a …………………
10. I’m as big as a lentil at 6 weeks grown, soon my presence will be known. What am I?
11. What has two feet and a belly to tickle, and can cause a craving for ice cream and pickles?
12. It grows and grows and grows for 9 short months, and it brings joy and happiness to all in the house. Its cry is the sweetest sound, its smile the most precious thing, its cute face makes your heart melt.
13. What rhymes with maybe and starts with a B?
14. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes…
15. I can’t wait till it’s here, it gets a new name. Without it, my life stays the same. It’s sweet, it requires work, but it’s pure joy. What is it?
16. Write a list of your accomplishments and have your friends or family guess the latest one.
Difficult Pregnancy Riddles
Want to make it a little more challenging than the suggestions above? Your whole family and friends might be scratching their heads at first, but I’m sure they’ll figure it out.
17. I’m small but very important. I’m free to make but expensive to maintain. I’m noticeable but you cannot see me. What am I?
18. When does 1+1=3?
19. Create a picture riddle (with baby peas, baby carrots, baby ruth chocolate bars, etc)
20. I can be created by humans, But they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than a help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?
21. Facebook Status: OV bun EN
22. There’s going to be a shower on (date). You won’t need an umbrella though.
23. Cost of camera……$xx, Cost of e-mail……free, Getting our son to smile for a family picture….impossible. Counting how many people are in this picture…priceless!
24. What I won’t be doing
- Riding a rollercoaster
- Jumping in a hot tub
What hubby will be doing a lot of
- Going on ice cream runs
- Scooping the cat litter box
25. Who hauls around cargo, doesn’t sleep and grows hair in weird places?
26. What sleeps through the day and cries through the night?
27. What is the size of a pea, then the size of an apple, then the size of a pineapple and finally the size of a watermelon?
28. What do all of these things have in common?
- new clothes
- (due date month)
29. That question that everyone’s always asking, can finally be answered with the answer everyone’s waiting for.
30. No more dieting, at least not for today, this belly is growing, I’m excited to say.
31. I guess we’re not kids anymore!
Second Baby Pregnancy Announcement Riddles
Announcing your second baby can be so much fun because you can include your first child in the announcement!
32. We are pleased to announce that due to hard work and a good attitude we will be promoting our youngest son to big brother.
33. Oops, we did it again!
34. So good, you can’t have just one! (This should be included with a photo of your first child)
35. All superheroes need a sidekick!
36. Two plus two is four… outnumbered by one more.
Pregnancy Announcement Riddles For Grandparents
You know how grandparents are with any kind of news, so they definitely deserve their own personalized announcement riddle.
37. It grows, it grows, and grows for nine short months and it brings joy and happiness to all in the house.
38. Its cry is the sweetest sound, its smile the most precious thing, its cute face makes the heart melt. It’s time to start making preparations, grandpa and grandma.
39. For first time grandparents: List all of your grandmother’s/grandfather’s life promotions and dates (promoted to older sibling, promoted to job position, promoted to parent, etc. Then say “Most exciting promotion yet, awarded on (due date).
40. It’s time to start making preparations, you two. You’re going to get new names very soon.
Funny Pregnancy Announcement Riddles
Looking for something with a little more laughter? Check out these comical ways to share your baby news.
41. I’m patiently waiting on the day my back hurts, my feet are swollen, and i walk like a duck.
42. Don’t eat watermelon seeds, or you’ll end up like me!
43. We’ve decided that we no longer want to sleep, have time to ourselves or have a clean house.
44. I’m giving up lunch meat, caffeine, sushi, and alcohol for a little while.
45. Serve a baby-themed meal (baby carrots, baby corn, baby potatoes, serve with a dessert of mini pies) and let our puzzled diners figure it out.
Twin Pregnancy Announcement Riddles
A twin announcement has to be super special! Not very many people get to announce that they’re having twins!
46. What has two hearts, 4 eyes, will make you do a double take, and will be keeping me from getting any good sleep anytime soon?
47. One dream became two!
48. So good you can’t have just one (with a photo of a baby onesie, shoes, etc)
49. When does 1+1=4?
50. OV (2 buns) EN
How To Announce Your Pregnancy Using A Riddle
There are many different approaches to actually announcing your pregnancy once you’ve chosen the perfect riddle. You can:
- create personalized jigsaw puzzles (seriously, people actually do this!)
- leave the riddle as phone messages (voicemail, text, etc)
- Create a scavenger hunt with the baby riddle at the end
- Have a fun photo shoot with your husband and then include the riddle and a photo in your announcement
- Announce on social media to all of your friends, family and acquaintances
- Send a letter or card with the riddle to your closest friends and family
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you announce a pregnancy riddle?
Pregnancy riddles are perfect for announcing your pregnancy on social media. In some cases, a picture to go along with the riddle is perfect, and in others, simply posting the riddle could be just enough to keep your friends and family guessing!
How do you give a pregnancy hint?
If you’re wanting to hint at your pregnancy, using a pregnancy announcement riddle is the perfect, creative way. You can leave a difficult to decipher riddle on social media for friends and family or write it in a card. An example: What rhymes with maybe and begins with a B?
When should I tell people I’m pregnant?
Deciding when to announce your pregnancy is completely up to you. Some women choose to announce right away, while others decide to wait until the second trimester, when the risk of miscarriage decreases dramatically. Do what is right for you!
What do you think are the best pregnancy riddles? I would love to hear about your unique pregnancy announcement idea in the comments below!
PS- If you haven’t already, make sure that you sign up for Amazon’s baby registry to get your free welcome box.