There’s just something about a good quote, isn’t there? And when it comes to baby quotes, even more so. I could spend hours scouring the Internet for the perfect ones that will express exactly what I want to say when I somehow can’t find the right words to say it.
That’s what I’ve done here. There are so many beautiful, heartwarming quotes about babies out there, but you have to really look to find them.
This post however? This post is the ONE resource that you need when it comes to finding the perfect baby quotes for whatever the occasion. Whether it’s your first baby, second baby or you’re awaiting the arrival of a new baby, this collection of quotes should have you covered.
I mean, yes, you probably could spend hours going through all of the quotes for babies that I have here for you, but at least you wouldn’t be searching through Google all day. The best of the best quotes are all here.
The hardest thing is to pick a favorite!
I’ve also written my own original baby quotes that you won’t find anywhere else.
The best baby quotes that you’ll find, all in one place.
I hope these quotes bring you joy, make you smile (or maybe cry!) and bring you peace if you’re struggling in hard times.
This post contains affiliate links.
Unborn Baby Quotes
If you’re looking for unborn baby quotes or pregnancy quotes because you’re impatiently awaiting your baby’s arrival, here are my favorites.
- The unborn baby is created in the image of God for greater things, to love and be loved. Mother Theresa
- No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you’re the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside. -Kristen Proby
- Making the decision to have a child – it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone
- For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted the desires of my heart. -1 Samuel 1:27
- The unborn baby is created in the image of God for greater things, to love and be loved. -Mother Theresa
- The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
- You are the best thing that I have ever waited for. -Unknown
- A baby is something that you carry inside you for 9 months, in your arms for 3 years and in your heart until the day you die. -Mary Mason
- The changes in your body will last for just nine months, but the beauty of motherhood will embrace you for the rest of your life. -Unknown
- You’ll never understand life until it grows inside of you. -Sandra C. Kassis
- Being pregnant means you’re waiting for the birth of your future best friend. -Brenda Kosciuk
- I’m an expectant mother, which means I’m in love with someone I’ve never even seen. -Brenda Kosciuk
Click for 65 more Pregnancy Announcement Quotes, Riddles and Poems
Click for 45 more Unborn Baby Quotes
Baby Quotes For New Moms
These new mom quotes perfectly express the incomparable emotions and unconditional love that we feel the first time we meet our little babies.
13. Before you were born, we dreamed of you, we imagined you, we prayed for you. Now that you are hear, we hope for you, we love you and we thank God for you. -Unknown
14. A new baby is like the beginning of all things: wonder, hope a dream of possibilities. -Eda J. LaShan
15. There is a wondurous curiosity in every young mother. It is a strange miracle to see, to hold a living being formed in and coming out of one’s self. -Simone De Beauvoir
16. There are hard days in motherhood. But looking at your sleeping baby reminds you why it’s all worth it. -Kara Ferwerda
17. A baby’s smile teaches us to be happy without reason.
18. Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears. -Kate Winslet
19. Pure happiness is found in nothing but in the innocent smile of a baby.
20. A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them. -Victor Hugo
21. Life comes full circle when you see for yourself a new life you made. -Unknown
22. Babies are always more trouble than you thought… and more wonderful. -Charles Osgood
23. I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity. -Eleanor Roosevelt
24. Sweet baby, I imagined what you would be like for nine months. But you are more than anything I could have ever dreamed up. -Brenda Kosciuk
25. You hear that having a baby is hard. You hear the horror stories. Yes, having a baby is hard. Nothing so beautiful could come from something that’s easy. -Brenda Kosciuk
26. You were born to brighten the days of everyone around you. -Brenda Kosciuk
27. The moment that you were born and I first looked into your eyes, everything around me faded away. It was just you and me, sweet baby. Nothing else mattered. -Brenda Kosciuk
Quotes About Babies And Love
Quotes about babies and love that might just have you tearing up and reaching for the tissues.
28. A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for. -Unknown
29. Before you were conceived i wanted you. Before you were born I I loved you. Before you were here for an hour I knew I would do anything for you. -Maureen Hawkins
30. Having a baby is like falling in love again, with your husband and your child. -Tina Brown
31. The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children. -Cardinal Mermillod
32. I’ll love you forever, I’ll like you for always, As long as I’m living, My baby you’ll be. -Robert Munsch
33. A baby is born with a need to be loved, and never outgrows it. -Frank A. Clark
34. A happy baby has shining eyes. It walks open-hearted into the world and spreads magic. -Sigrid Leo
35. The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants. -Johnny Depp
36. Every mom experiences love at first sight at least once in her life: with the birth of each of her children. -Brenda Kosciuk
37. My life didn’t truly begin until you were born. -Brenda Kosciuk
38. Spoil your baby. With love. With kisses. With physical touch. -Brenda Kosciuk
39. A baby who is loved will become an adult who can conquer the world. -Brenda Kosciuk
40. The only thing you can never give your baby enough of is love.-Brenda Kosciuk
Baby Girl Quotes
As a new parent to two baby girls, these baby girl quotes are near and dear to my heart, and I read them a lot when I’ve had a frustrating day. They always seem to help me to keep a positive perspective.
41. You are the sun to my shine, the sweet to my heart, cup to my cake, love to my life, sun to my rise, heart to my beat, sweetest little girl. -Unknown
42. A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous, full of beauty and forever beautiful, loving and caring and truly amazing. -Deanna Beisser
43. A baby girl is a bundle of firsts that excite and delight, giggles that come from deep inside, always wonderful and precious. -Barbara Cage
44. When we asked for a daughter. We were sent a princess. -Unknown
45. Sugar and spice, and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of. -Unknown
46. Rhinestones and pearls, and soft little curls, there’s nothing sweeter than little girls. -Unknown
47. A daughter is one of the best gifts the world has to give. -Laurel Atherton
48. Pick her up when she cries, hold her all day long. She won’t grow up to be spoiled, only confident and strong. -Brenda Kosciuk
49. You are her everything. Imperfect but perfect to her. -Brenda Kosciuk
50. Tomorrow she will wake up a little older. Hold her today. -Brenda Kosciuk
Baby Boy Quotes
And because I couldn’t forget about those adorable baby boys, these baby boy quotes make me a little sad that I’ll never have a mama’s boy.
51. There has never been, nor will there ever be, anything quite so special as the love between a mother and her son. -Unknown
52. A baby boy is so unique, So tiny, sweet and ever meek. It’s fun to imagine what he thinks, between those coos and little blinks. Though now he’s just a babe, you’ll find, that busy is his little mind. Learning, watching, listening, to every single little thing. As you look into his eyes, you see such wonder and surprise He’s just so sweet, and when he smiles, your heart just soars for miles and miles. -Unknown
53. Tiny fingers and tickly toes, cowboy boots and trucks to tow. A bundle of joy, created by love, a precious gift from heaven above. -Unknown
54. A brand new little boy, to fill our hearts and lives with joy. -Unknown
55. And they called him the most wild thing of all, and made him King of all the wild things. -Where The Wild Things Are
56. You are loved for the boy you are, the man you will become and the precious son you will always be. -Unknown
57. A little chunky and a lot hunky. -Unknown
58. Baby boy: be brave, be kind, be wonderfully you. -Brenda Kosciuk
59. Tomorrow he will wake up a little bit older. Hold him today. -Brenda Kosciuk
60. You are his everything. Imperfect but perfect to him. -Brenda Kosciuk
Funny Baby Quotes
And of course, motherhood is hard, but sometimes those sweet baby quotes (that we LOVE) just don’t cut it. Sometimes we just need some funny baby quotes that are raw and honest and just plain funny.
61. Nothing better than spending an entire morning staring into my baby daughter’s eyes, whispering, “I can’t do this”. Ryan Reynolds
62. You never know when you’re gonna get crapped on or when you’re gonna get a big smile or when that smile immediately turns into hysterics. It might be like living with a drug addict. Blake Lively
63. You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance. -Franklin P. Jones
64. Sufficient unto the day is one baby. As long as you are in your right mind don’t you ever pray for twins. Twins amount to a permanent riot; and there ain’t any real difference between triplets and a insurrection. -Mark Twain
65. People who say they slept like a baby probably never had a baby themselves. -Unknown
66. Having an infant son alerts me to the fact that every man, at one point, has peed on his own face. — Olivia Wilde
67. That moment when you go to check on your sleeping baby and their eyes ping open so you drop to the floor and roll out of the room like a ninja.— Unknown
68. They eat, they crap, they sleep. And if they’re crying they need to do one of the three and they’re having trouble doing it. Real simple. — Matthew McConaughey
69. Parenthood: the scariest hood you’ll ever go through. — Unknown
70. When your first baby drops her pacifier, you sterilize it. When your second baby drops her pacifier, you tell the dog, “Fetch!” -Bruce Lansky
71. Babies are the only creatures that can get away with demanding 24/7 attention, causing physical pain and interrupting sleep 274 times a night. -Brenda Kosciuk
72. Welcome to parenthood, where you will be more obsessed with poop than you ever imagined. -Brenda Kosciuk
Baby Quotes For The Nursery
I had a bunch of baby nursery wall quotes in my babies nurseries, and these are the best options out there. Short, sweet, and totally precious.
73. Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart. -A. A. Milne
74. As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.- A. A. Milne
75. Dream big, little one. -Unknown
76. Isn’t she lovely. -Stevie Wonder
77. For this child we have prayed. -1 Samuel 1:27
78. Be wild, be free. -Unknown
79. The largest of blessings are those that are small. -Unknown
80. Thank heaven for little girls/boys. -Unknown
81. Let her sleep, for when she wakes, she will move mountains. -Napoleon Bonaparte
82. You are our greatest adventure. -Unknown
Sleeping Baby Quotes
I would love to know why you’re searching for baby sleep quotes. Is it because you just can’t stop marveling at the perfect miraculousness that is your baby when she’s sleeping? Baby’s are an amazing thing, right?
Is it because you can’t get enough of your baby’s smile while he’s sleeping?
Or maybe you just can’t believe that your baby hates sleep so much, and your looking for some funny baby sleep quotes.
I think I would fall into both categories.
83. Here sleeps a girl with a head full of magical dreams, a heart full of wonder and hands that will shape the world.
84. Let her sleep on your shoulder, rejoice in her happy smile, she is only a little girl, for such a little while.
85. A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. -Victor Hugo
86. Having my baby fall asleep in my arms takes away all of my worries and stresses. A sense of complete and total peace comes over me. -Maria Jose Ovalle
87. Watching a baby sleeping peacefully is perhaps the only thing more comfortable than sleep itself. -Atmaja Bandyopadhyay
88. The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child. -Joe Houldsworth
89. It is a moment of pure ecstasy and satisfaction when you see a smile flicker on baby’s lips, just as they gently pass into a deep slumber.
90. Babies smile while they’re sleeping because angels whisper in their ears. -Unknown
91. You’re my favorite reason to lose sleep. -Unknown
92. Everyone should have kids. They are the greatest joy in the world. But they are also terrorists. You’ll realize this as soon as they are born and they start using sleep deprivation to break you.- Ray Romano
93. When I watch my baby drift off to sleep, that’s when I’m reminded that the only thing that matters is this little miracle of mine. -Brenda Kosciuk
New Baby Quotes
If you’re looking for when baby is born quotes, then congratulations! Someday you’ll wish that you could go back to that moment, pain and all.
94. On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered “life will never be the same”.
95. And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, “Oh there you are, I’ve been looking for you”.
96. We impatiently wait for baby’s firsts. But if you look closely, each day with a baby is filled with firsts. -Brenda Kosciuk
97. Your smile is the most beautiful smile, your scent the sweetest smell, your coos the most adorable sound and your life the most miraculous blessing. -Brenda Kosciuk
98. I’ll hold your body in my arms now, your hand in my hand tomorrow, and your heart in my heart forever. -Brenda Kosciuk
99. The sweetest smell that ever existed is that of a newborn baby. -Brenda Kosciuk
100. Tomorrow, the piles of laundry and dishes will still be there. But you, sweet baby? You will be different, ever so slightly, and if I don’t slow down and really look, I might miss it. -Brenda Kosciuk
101. One day, the cluster feeding, waking every two hours and constant diaper changes will be replaced with a child who needs you less and less everyday. Cherish it while it lasts. -Brenda Kosciuk
102. Be present for the milestones and the mundane. Baby’s first laugh and first steps, but also the sleepless nights and endless snuggles. You’ll miss it all one day. -Brenda Kosciuk
Baby Quotes About Walking
What bigger moment in your baby’s life then those timid first steps. These baby quotes about walking express just how special this milestone is.
103. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
104. Each step you take reveals a new horizon. You have taken the first step today. Now I challenge you to take another.
105. Baby steps… to big dreams.
106. The first steps a baby takes are into your heart.
107. Fear not, little one. The first leap is scary, but it’s how you learn to fly.
108. Little by little, one walks far.
109. You have have brains in your head, You have feet in your shoes, You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. Dr. Seuss
110. Walk a little slower, Daddy, said a little child so small. I’m following in your footsteps and I don’t want to fall. Sometimes your steps are very fast, sometimes they are hard to see; So, walk a little slower, Daddy, for you are leading me. Someday when I’m all grown up, you are what I want to be; Then I will have a little child, who will want to follow me. And I would want to lead just right, and know that I was true; So walk a little slower, Daddy, for I must follow you.”
Baby Movie Quotes
Step one: read these cute and funny baby movie quotes. Step two: go watch these movies.
111. Look at her, she’s wearing 6-inch heels. She’s like a magical pregnancy unicorn. What To Expect When You’re Expecting
112. Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart. Christopher Robin
113. Nobody puts Baby in a corner. Dirty Dancing
114. So this is love. So this is what makes life divine. Cinderella
115. Sadie: Where do babies come from? Debbie: Where do you think they come from? Sadie: Well. I think a stork, he umm, he drops it down and then, and then, a hole goes in your body and there’s blood everywhere, coming out of your head and then you push your belly button and then your butt falls off and then you hold your butt and you have to dig and you find the little baby. Debbie: That’s exactly right.” Knocked Up
116. Yeah, baby, yeah! Austin Powers
117. Hasta la vista, baby. The Terminator
Baby Baptism Quotes
The perfect baptism quotes for baby that you can incorporate into the ceremony and festivities.
118. Precious one, so small, so sweet, dancing in on angel feet. Straight from heaven’s brightest star, what a miracle you are.
119. Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God.
120. For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Baby Footprint Quotes
Ah, baby feet. Is there anything cuter? All you have to do to wake up your guests at your baby shower is hold up some baby socks. Cue the oohs and aahs. If your creating a keepsake with your baby’s footprint, these baby footprint quotes are the perfect accompaniment.
121. For a long time there were only your footprints and laughter in our dreams and even from such small things, we knew we could not wait to love you forever.
122. Baby feet tiptoe into your heart and stay there forever.
Twin Baby Quotes
If you have been blessed with twin babies, then these twin baby quotes are perfect for you.
123. When you gaze upon the lovely sight. Of twins, arm in arm, asleep at night. Think not that the house has been doubly messed. But that you, as parents, have been doubly blessed.
124. Two cute little faces with matching grins, nothing could be any sweeter than twins.
125. Two little blessings, sent from above. Twice the smiles, twice the love.
Baby Loss Quotes
If you’re looking for baby loss quotes, then I truly hope that these quotes bring a little comfort to your breaking heart, dear mama.
126. I fell in love with you when you were forming in my womb. Now I carry you in my heart instead of my arms. -Unknown
127. An angel wrote in the book of life my baby’s date of birth, then whispered as she closed the book, “too beautiful for Earth”. -Unknown
128. I miss you my little baby, I wish I had you here. To hug, to hold, to smell maybe, and never shed a tear. We love you very dearly, we miss you everyday, I see your face so clearly, you’re just a cloud away. -Unknown
129. I will hold you in my heart until I can hold you in heaven. -Unknown
130. Babies lost in the womb were never touched by fear. They were never cold, never hungry, never alone. And most importantly, they knew love. -J. Clark Coates
131. When a baby is born, it’s the mother’s instinct to protect the baby. When a baby dies, it’s the mother’s instinct to protect their memory. -Unknown
132. My baby sleeps with the moon and the stars. -Unknown
133. Even though your precious feet never walked the Earth, you are just as much a part of it as any other baby. -Brenda Kosciuk
134. I never met you and yet, I couldn’t possibly love you more. -Brenda Kosciuk
135. Although I never held you in my arms, my heart will hold you forever. -Brenda Kosciuk
What are your favorite baby quotes?